Why use GEMMS?
- GEMMS uses its own suite of reliable marine simulation computer models
- Fresh, innovative ideas utilising the latest technologies
- Our staff are qualified Oceanographers
- The first company to create a 3D ocean model (GCOM3D), continuously developed since 1984
- GEMMS is world renown for its strong reputation of reliable ocean prediction
What Clients Say
I have managed a large number of environmental study projects in which GEMMS have contributed the marine modelling component (3D hydrodynamics, dredging, oil spills, brine discharges, storm surges etc.). GEMMS are the only Australian group I know that have developed 3D ocean models and I believe that they deliver a higher level scientific contribution to environmental studies than most of their overseas competitiors
Whilst I was CEO of the Perth office of URS, and subsequently in my own consulting company (Innovative Solutions), I managed many projects which included the oceanographic expertise of GEMMS. They not only provide quality 3D ocean modelling (where competitors might only offer 2D ocean models) but also important expertise in oceanography which complements the skills and requirements of coastal engineers.
My company, WardKarlson Consulting, sought out GEMMS to work with us in the Middle East, to provide marine services for environmental projects, because we believe they deliver a quality of oceanographic input which is generally higher than is currently available in the region.